Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Christian the Creative One



This is my son Christian. 
 
I find him to be a very peculiar boy. In this picture he is sporting his suit and bow tie.  For weeks, he bugged me about getting him a bow tie (and also about getting a suit).  A few weeks ago, on a Saturday, I took him to J.C. Penney’s and got him both.  He was so excited about having his new suit and his bow tie, that he placed everything on a hanger so it would be ready for him to wear on Sunday morning.  But he didn’t just hang his clothes up as I would have.  Christian decided to do it in style.  Starting from the top of the hanger, he first placed his white shirt, then his suit coat on top.  He wrapped his bow tie around the neck of the shirt and hanger.  He then found another hanger that has clips on the bottom.  He placed this hanger on the bottom of the shirt hanger, then clipped his pants, full length, onto the second hanger. All this he hung on the towel rod, which made it look a little bit like a headless boy.  But then to top it off, he placed his dress shoes at the ends of the pant legs. I didn’t see him set it up, so when I later went into the bathroom and saw his empty, upright clothing almost staring back at me, I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

However, what I really want to talk about is Christian’s birthday.  We gave him a bicycle and bike ramps, which he really likes.  However, I think we were still outdone by his Grandpa and Grandma.  He opened their gift first thing, and was extremely pleased with it.  Underneath the wrapping paper was a small, orange file type box.  Opening the box, Christian found six rolls of duct tape, each roll a different color (he offered to give me the pink roll).  Next he found a package of nylon locking ties.  Finally, he found a set a stubby Sharpie permanent markers.  He put the markers on a lanyard, and then used them all day at our yard sale to help mark prices.  It wasn’t long after that before he found a few good uses for his duct tape.  Here is a picture of a pocket knife scabbard, made from a piece of light cardboard and lots of green duct tape.
Duct Tape Knife Scabbard


I can’t wait to see what Christian will next find to do with his duct tape, so long as it isn’t taping his sister or cat to the wall.

No comments: