Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Snowy day in April

It's a great day to begin my new blog. I thought (hoped) that we were done with the snow but it is a blustery snowy day and I am staying inside! Blogging is a very new concept to me, but I think it will be one way to begin my family history in a weird cyberspace sort of fashion. The name of this blog is "Toadally Clark" which expresses my fondness for frogs and toads (this mortifies my mother). I am hoping that I can convince Carlos, Alyssa and Chelsea to write here as well. I think it will be fun!

Many of my thoughts lately have centered on my children and the joys that they bring to me. I am in a mode right now where I am realizing that they are growing up before my eyes (Alyssa will be driving in just over a year).....(everybody stay off the lawns and sidewalks) and I feel like I'm not quite prepared for all that is to come. I am so proud of each of the kids. They seem to be much stronger than I was at their ages. Alyssa and Chelsea are both on the High Honor roll this trimester and I question sometimes how they could be children of mine! I guess they take after their dad when it comes to the smarts!

Alyssa just finished performing in "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" which was really fun to watch. Just yesterday we received notice that she placed in a county-wide poetry contest. She continues to amaze me with her abilities on the harp and piano.

Chelsea is running for 8th grade senate right now (today they are having the primary elections). She made senate last year and that election for me was a nail-biter (as if I need and excuse to bite my nails!) When she wants something she really goes after it. I so admire that! Her performance season begins this weekend with Clayton Productions. They have two medley's that they are preparing for, a 50's themed one and also a "High School Musical" theme. Chelsea loves performing with this group.

Right now I am home-schooling Paige. She had a crummy teacher this year and the home schooling seems to be just the right thing for her. She wakes up in the mornings singing non-stop and does her chores quickly. What a blessing for me!

Christian is doing the Kindergarten thing and I am trying to keep him from growing up. It's not really working. He is an amazing young boy because he has a strong desire to learn and asks dozens of questions each day. He is really doing well with his reading and is giving his sister (Paige) a run for her money on times tables!

I love Carlos with all my heart but it seems like my life revolves around the kids these days. I keep telling myself that I need to concentrate on setting some goals for myself so that I won't be one of those grouchy old people when I grow up. (if I ever grow up!).

Well that's enough, I think to start out my great new blog. I am off on another taxi-driver excursion. In the snow.....and the cold. The sun will soon shine and bring all sorts of happy feelings...and hopefully my hummingbirds will return. If they do,I'll post pictures. We had three nests last year. Wishing anyone who reads this warm happy rays of sunshine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This family is SOOOOO awesome