Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crazy Lady on the Warpath

Blue spray paint is much more difficult to remove from a fence than Black. That is the lesson I learned today.

Yesterday morning, as part of Paige's school lessons, she and I decided to learn how to clean up graffiti. There is fence at the entrance to our neighborhood that seems to be a target for the local gangsters, and I refuse to let the punks own my street. The city is supposed to have a task force to remove graffiti, but I believe the longer a tag stays up, the person who painted it gets to bask in the glory of their feat. Stupid jerks. I have fumed about this for weeks and finally decided to try and clean it up. Carlos suggested we try Goo-Gone to remove it, and with some scrubbing, we got all of the black paint off. The fence looked as good as new. I showed it to Alyssa this morning as we drove to her orthodontist appointment and we marveled at it's glorious whiteness.

I came home this afternoon to find that the same fence had once again been tagged with the same name. Can you believe someone actually thinks they own my neighborhood? And that they can go around spray painting wherever they want to? They painted in broad daylight! (Stupid stinking jerks) Blue was their color of choice this time, and even though I had a crew with me (Paige, Christian, McKenna, Emily Dietrich, and Archer) It still took more time and a lot more scrubbing than did the black paint we cleaned yesterday.

So as I sit here typing with blue paint-stained fingers, I am planning my revenge against these creepy teenagers. This is going to be war. I am going to the store tonight and I'm going to buy the biggest dang bottle of Goo Gone anyone has ever seen. I will clean the graffiti every single day if I have to. These creeps will not claim ownership on my street. I'm even thinking about setting up survielance equipment or hiring a private detective or hmmm....maybe a hit man? This is war. I'm smearing on the war paint right now. (not really)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! This would make me so mad. Every once in awhile we getting tagging in our neighborhood too and it just makes me so angry. Back a year or so ago, the mayor of Las Vegas said publicly that the city was going to find a new way to deal with taggers. He said they were going to start cutting of the fingers of these taggers. Of course he wasn't serious, but I personally don't think it's a half bad idea!!!!!

Krista