Monday, May 5, 2008

My Girls Are Growing Up (Dangit!)

So tonight Alyssa played the harp at her friend's benefit concert and she did an amazing job. For some reason, when she began playing the harp, as well as the piano, her skills on both instruments really increased. I will post a pic. later but I have to ask Carlos how to get the photo's out of my camera. I am learning one device at a time, and I think by the time I get to programing the VCR there won't be such a thing anymore. (I Hope)

After the concert, Alyssa and Chelsea were hungry so we stopped at Apollo Burger to get something to scarf down. When I ordered at the drive-thru, the guy asked me in a kind of gruff tone how many fry sauces I wanted, because they would be an additional 25 cents each. (Who in the Heck charges for fry sauce, especially in Utah...it ought to be a crime!) So I told him two would be enough. When I pulled up to the window, I saw something I have been dreading since the day the girls were born.....He gawked at them...and smiled a very suspicious smile. The kind of smile that says "that girl's hot". Darn creepy if you ask me! Anyway, he gave us our box of food and we went on our way. When we opened the box, we noticed that there was not only an extra order of fries thrown in, but six (count 'em) six fry sauces!

We brought our bounteous supply of fry sauce home, and I sent the girls off to do their homework. Now I am left here with the image of the drive thru attendant smirking and gawking. I am totally creeped out. I think I will have a nightmare tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeewwww! That IS creepy! I would've wanted to smack him. I'm sure you did too. =)

It's been fun reading your blog & keeping up with the kids. I cannot believe Alyssa will be in HS. How did that happen? I still remember her being about Jace's age, forced to sit on a big white sheet in Charlene's living room while baby chicks and ducks wandered around her and Charlene snapped away with her Fuji. Do you remember that? Crazy!!

Miss you all & love ya! ~Krista