Friday, October 30, 2009

Blogging in General

I began to think about people who make their living off of their blogs (and the like), and wondering why I couldn't do that. Then it hit me. I am boring. Not that I try to be, but I look at the Salt Lake Tribune's Robert Kirby, and I simply lack the dry, sly, slightly provocative humor that Kirby has. I mean, I don't even have a pretend friend, like Bammer, who has been my friend and confidant since childhood. I like his gig. He writes his article on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday, unless he is gone on vacation, and then the Trib does a reprint (royalty payments? Probably work product of the Tribune, so Kirby has to pay the Trib when he publishes his books). Most of his articles are fun to read and have me laughing while in my favorite reading room.

Nor to I have a chip on my shoulder like Heather B. Armstrong, that allows me to aim my animosity towards an organization that many people love, and many other people love to hate. I can't believe that the adds on her blog site have become the sole source of her family's income! Maybe I could find something or someone to berate while describing my dailly doings, but all I can think of is the IRS. That would bore people to tears, except for the accounts and tax attorneys, who wouldn't read it because I am just not educated enough to complain about it on their level.

I guess that leaves me to talk about the mundane, with no remuneration, save for my satisfaction of having written down just a little bit for my posterity.

No comments: