Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Big Vacation!

We had a great trip to California last week. The first three days were spent at Disneyland, and the kids had a blast! (me too.. I love Disneyland) We went on every ride you can think of and then went on them again! Christian and Paige loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and Alyssa Chelsea and Carlos' favorite was the Tower of Terror. Alyssa has learned to love roller coasters of every kind, so she and Chelsea buddied up a lot. My favorite was the Grizzly River Run, because we went as a family!

California was hotter than ever. It was over 91 degrees at the beach, which if you know California, is pretty darn hot. After Disneyland we spent a few days in Newport beach, where we saw the temple, did a little shopping and went to the beach and the pier on Balboa Peninsula. I would move to Newport Beach in a second. It's a beautiful place. I even asked Carlos how hard it would be to take the Bar Exam in California. We won't be moving any time soon, though!

Overall, it was a wonderful trip, and it was so fun to get away with the family. I love making great memories with the kids. I'm realizing more and more that they will be gone all too soon! I am going to try and post some pictures of our trip, so hopefully you'll get a little taste of our fun week!

No comments: