Saturday, July 26, 2008

It's almost August!

This summer has flown by....an I'm not ready for it to be over yet. Chelsea got a letter from her senate adviser with all sorts of activities she will be involved in, and Alyssa got her registration from Taylorsville high school. I can't believe our daughter is old enough to attend high school! The registration packet also included a notice about drivers education that said she could get her learners permit right away. Run for your lives. I mean it.

We are finishing up the month of July with a bang. Carlos' office downtown is right along the Days of 47 parade route, and so we went down and slept over night to watch the parade. The only problem is that in order to save your spot along the curb someone has to "sleep" outside. I put sleep in quotation marks because it is so noisy that no-one is able to sleep! I'm still recovering, but it was a lot of fun and we had a lot of family and friends show up to watch the parade with us.

Paige and I both had birthdays this last week. We had a rockin' party at my parents' house in highland, but right before leaving, Christian was playing out front and decided to open the back of a utility trailer. It was a lot heavier than he thought and it fell and squashed him between the gate and the road. We spent three hours in the emergency room where he was x-rayed and received 13 stitches behind his ear. This past week his arm has continued to hurt and yesterday Carlos felt really strongly that he should be x-rayed again, a little higher up on his arm. Sure enough, he had a fracture in is upper arm. Christian feels pretty cool wearing his snoopy arm sling, and is enjoying all the attention!

This next week I have jury duty. I tried to complain to Carlos about it, mostly because I had to cancel my appointment with Brandon (my nutritionist), but he said it is my civic duty to go and that I should be happy to do it. Yes dear.

I am really excited for August 4. Carlos and I will be attending the James Taylor concert at Usana amphitheater, and then I head up to girls camp. We get to go back up to the Heber Valley girls camp again, which is a blast. We had a bear in our camp last year, which tried to eat my ice chest, but it is a really great camp. Sleeping in cabins is so much better than tents! I have some new pictures to post and maybe even a video of the kids body-surfing at Newport, but I won't get them posted till tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Christian! Hope he heals quickly. This has been the summer of stitches, staples & derma-bond for our families. Not fun. Especially not fun when the ER bills start coming in. We just got ours yesterday. =(

Krista