Thursday, July 17, 2008

Diet Update-Just for you, Candi!

Today is day 16 of my diet. When I went to see Brandon (my nutritionist) a few weeks ago I thought my life was over. He weighed me and took my body-fat percentage and it was devastating! Granted, I'm still 30 pounds down from my top weight, but with my family history of diabetes, I think I was scared straight, so to speak.

The first four days were pretty difficult, but after that it got a lot easier. I also had a visit with Dr. Bagley, who gave me lots of supplements to give my body a good detail cleaning, and I started to feel better pretty quickly. I've been to see several doctors for the digestive issues and what I've learned is that many other health problems can be the result of what I'm eating.

The thing I'm finding that works for me is to make my meals very boring. Brandon gave me a list of foods I could eat, and limited it to two or three choices per meal. It was hard at first, but now that I'm not craving all kinds of sugary stuff, I actually have to remind myself to eat sometimes. My goal is to get to the point where I eat healthy 95% of the time and have a little treat once in awhile.

So far I've lost 11 pounds, and my metabolism has gone up about 50%. That is a true blessing. I walk 45 minutes every day and I'm able to have Jon Bon Jovi all to myself for just a little while! I have found that I quite enjoy my walks:> Monday is my birthday and dangit I am having a piece of cheesecake!

Candi, thanks for your interest, and for reading my silly blog! Love ya!

TTFN!

No comments: